1. Discuss Prereading Survey responses and Mark Twain facts.
2. Add The Adventures of Tom Sawyer to your FreeBooks library.
3. Complete the Chapter Preview Activity to get an idea of what will happen in the novel based on the chapter titles. Use the Chapter Titles to help you make predictions.
3. Read Chapter 1 together in class on FreeBooks app.
1. Prereading Survey - turn in via eBackpack
2. Download two apps
4. PBS Mark Twain scrapbook - Web Quest
Our focus for this unit will be one essential question. All of our work and thinking in class points back to this concept:
How can a coming of age novel from the 1840s be relevant to young adults today?
Use the Scholastic Middle Schoolers and Scholastic Teens catalogues provided in class to make a poster.
Scholastic Middle Schoolers
PS: Book orders are due October 25, 2013.
Use the link below to create an ActivelyLearn account. Be sure you select the correct class period and store your password in a safe place. We will be using ActivelyLearn to read together later this month.
Period 1 - https://read.activelylearn.com/#account?cc=AC54E58.
Period 2 - https://read.activelylearn.com/#account?cc=0C947AA
Period 5 - https://read.activelylearn.com/#account?cc=36624D3
Period 6 - https://read.activelylearn.com/#account?cc=E1BC687
Mrs. Gallant's Class
Check here for information about in-class activities, homework assignments, and long-term projects.