Please check the Book Groups & Narrative Writing tab for assignments in the month of March.
Today, you'll participate in your first discussion with your Book Group.
Upcoming due dates:
3/10 - "Telling Their Stories" Interview
Today in class, you will prepare for tomorrow's Book Group meeting and also for your upcoming interview for the Narrative Writing assignment.
1. Prepare for tomorrow's meeting by completing your first discussion job.
2. Be sure you've read the assigned chapters. Check your reading calendar.
3. Once you are fully prepared for tomorrow's Book Group meeting, plan your interview using this Interview Planning Form.
1. What makes a great interview? Click here for notes we brainstormed together in class today.
2. Narrowing your focus (Discussion) - Instead of writing about ALL of the 1950s, just write about the moment your interiewee first saw color television. Instead of writing about the ENTIRE Korean war, write about the day (or even the hour) your interviewee was deployed to serve as a military nurse. Narrowing your focus will produce a stronger story.
3. Read in your Book Group book
4. Quick meeting with your Book Group
Mrs. Gallant's Class
Check here for information about in-class activities, homework assignments, and long-term projects.